Let your destiny unfold
Too much static
Thoughts can be so egocentric
I can never tell
Splitting like a single cell
I can never tell
I’m a ghost in your shell
Stop the service join the fold
A spy who came in from the cold
Makes a mock of Montezuma
I can never tell
Jump inside I wish you well
WHAT IS SUCCESS? (from success story at yahoogroups)
Articles and quotations about success and what it means.
(1) "The Little Oxford Dictionary"
success n. favourable outcome; attainment of object or wealth or fame etc; person or thing that succeeds or is successful.
(2) What is Success? Success is what happens to us when we learn from failure and keep trying.
- by Derek L Daniell
(3) What is success? I think it is a mixture of having a flair for the thing that you are doing; knowing that it is not enough, that you have got to have hard work and a certain sense of purpose."
- Margaret Thatcher
(4) What is Success? by Derek L Daniell
What is success? To live according to God's commandments, which are always for our good, Deut 6:24-25. Many people leave God out of their lives in the mistaken idea that his commandments are burdensome, which they are not. To overcome the world, to be victorious, to be successful is to place our faith in Jesus the Son of God, 1 John 5:3-5. The choice is yours and yours alone.
(5) "Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing, you will be successful."
- Albert Schweitzer
(6) "To follow without halt, one aim; there is the secret of success. And success? What is it? I do not find it in the applause of the theater; it lies rather in the satisfaction of accomplishment."
- Anna Pavlova
(7) What is Success? by Leonard RoosSuccess means different things to different people. "Success is peace of mind which is a direct result of self-satisfaction in knowing that you did your best to become the best you are capable of becoming."
(8) "The secret of success is constancy to purpose."
- Benjamin Disraeli
(9) What Is Success? by Ralph Waldo Emerson
To laugh often and much;
To win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children;
To earn the approbation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends;
To appreciate beauty;
To find the best in others;
To give of one's self;
To leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch, or a redeemed social condition;
To have played and laughed with enthusiasm and sung with exultation; To know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived
- This is to have succeeded.
How about you? What is the meaning of your SUCCESS?
There are many types of people in the work place. I remember some time ago when I was giving a series of seminars and I would say, essentially, there are 3 kinds.
· Those who make things happen.
· Those who wait for things to happen and
· Those who asks: “What happened.”
The first group of people are the movers. They are people of passion. They cause things to happen make the business run. The second type of people are those who want to see things happen but wait for someone else to do it. Spectators who wait by the sidelines while the third group of people are those who never knew and realized that they have been left far behind. Slow and dull, these people are left behind eating dust. And frankly, I see a lot of people like these wherever I go.
But through the Internet, I have been given another set of people and I think this is a winner. Some are called children of the “Tators” family. Listen and you’ll understand why.
· Some people never seem motivated to participate, but are just content to watch while others do the work. They are called . . .
· Some people never do anything to help, but are gifted at finding fault with the way others do the work. They are called . . .
· Some people are always looking to cause problems by asking others to agree with them. It is too hot or too cold, too sour or too sweet. They are called . . .
· There are those who say they will help, but somehow just never get around to actually doing the promised help. They are called . . .
Some people can put up a front and pretend to be someone they are not. They are called . . .
Then there are those who love and do what they say they will. They are always prepared to stop whatever they are doing and lend a helping hand. They bring real sunshine into the lives of others. They are called . . .
Very true isn’t it. I guess you know it’s coming. The next question is, to which of the Tator's family do you belong?
Best for all of us is to belong to the group of people who would mean what they say and say what they mean. They make life simpler that way. No need to remember lies and no need to fool and deceive people. At peace with God and at peace with men. His actions and behavior is guided by a healthy fear of his Creator and his delight is to do things that will please his Maker.
The work place need people of integrity and in a difficult time like this, we simply do not have any choice.
God bless you.
DOST-SO Alumni Project Meeting (August 22, 2004)
Sa bus pa lang sobrang excited na 'ko, pano ba naman kasakay ko na agad sina Ate Mina at Wena. Syempre kami ang nauna sa meeting place. Nagkwentuhan muna syempre habang hinihintay naming magbukas ang Megamall. Then, dumating si Babes. While waiting for the others, super chismisan muna kami. Actually I'm with my Mama kaya di ako masyadong makadaldal.
Kinukumusta si ganito at knukumusta si ganyan. Naungkat yung mga may trabaho at kung sino ang tambay, kung sino ang may pamilya na, may jowa na at kung sino yung hanggang ngayon eh wala pa ring lovelife. As expected marami ang late. Pero ang mga naunang nakapagkumustahan syempre sino pa ba (kami nga; Ate Mina, Wena, Babes at ako) then dumating sina Wilson. Habang nasa Jollibee na sunod2 nang dumating ang walang kupas na sina Ate Raquel, Ate Vangie, at ang mga ka-batch ko na sina Myla, Veronica,at ang walang preno nang kakadaldal na si Jewel, at syempre sino pa ba kundi si Ms. Jawili. Though konti pa lang nag-start na ng konting discussion si Mam, kala ko nga sagot niya ang food eh! (joke lang!, buti na lang kumain na kami ng mother ko). Habang naghihintay ng iba pa syempre konti pa rin kumustahan (konti pa ba yun, eh halos paalisin na kami ng mga crew sa Jollibee dahil sa sobrang ligalig namin at ingay! Almost two hours din yata kami dun) Then dumating na sina Kuya Gilbert, si Kuya Chris from the pioneer batch (2nd picture, yung katabi ko) then yung dalawang scholar na nagrereview na to take the board exam .( Sorry di ko na matandaan name nila). May dumating pa kaya lang sa mukha ko lang talaga sila matandaan. (Babes, tanda mo kung sino2 cla). Malilimutin na kase ako talaga eh! He he he.
Nywy, masaya get together! Syempre patuloy nating ipangalat yung invitation sa lahat na magdonate sa ating project. Honestly di pa nga eko nakapagbigay, la kase ako talgang time pumunta ng bangko eh. Dun sa matataas ang mga sweldo (Kuya Redz, kayo yun!) dapat mas malaki ang bigay nyo. He he he he!
Sana matuloy yung request na get together ni Kuya Chris Joyag. Kuya Redz, pasensya ka na sa kwento ko ha, And dun sa mga hindi ko na matandaan ang name na umattend nung 22, censya na po!
Kumusta sa lahat ng mga DOST scholars, magandang araw!
by Richie Peñaflor-Rebamuntan e-mail : email@example.com
DOST-SO Members, Lucban Chapter (Batch '97-'02)
Para doon sa mga nakasama, naalala 'nyo pa ba 'tong picture natin? Parang kelan lang no? Kuha ito sa harapan ng Nawawalang Paraiso, sa Barangay Camaysa Tayabas, Quezon. Halos dalawang taon na rin ang nakakalipas ng magkasamasama ulit kami sa kabila ng aming pagiging abala sa trabaho. Syempre pa, hindi mabubuo ang muling pagkikita-kita namin kung hindi sa pamamagitan ng ating iginagalang na coordinator, si Ma'am Gerlie Jawili. Nakita nyo ba sya sa picture? Nakakamiss sya no? Lalo na yong allowance.