by Francis Kong
There are many types of people in the work place. I remember some time ago when I was giving a series of seminars and I would say, essentially, there are 3 kinds.
· Those who make things happen.
· Those who wait for things to happen and
· Those who asks: “What happened.”
The first group of people are the movers. They are people of passion. They cause things to happen make the business run. The second type of people are those who want to see things happen but wait for someone else to do it. Spectators who wait by the sidelines while the third group of people are those who never knew and realized that they have been left far behind. Slow and dull, these people are left behind eating dust. And frankly, I see a lot of people like these wherever I go.
But through the Internet, I have been given another set of people and I think this is a winner. Some are called children of the “Tators” family. Listen and you’ll understand why.
· Some people never seem motivated to participate, but are just content to watch while others do the work. They are called . . .
· Some people never do anything to help, but are gifted at finding fault with the way others do the work. They are called . . .
· Some people are always looking to cause problems by asking others to agree with them. It is too hot or too cold, too sour or too sweet. They are called . . .
· There are those who say they will help, but somehow just never get around to actually doing the promised help. They are called . . .
Some people can put up a front and pretend to be someone they are not. They are called . . .
Then there are those who love and do what they say they will. They are always prepared to stop whatever they are doing and lend a helping hand. They bring real sunshine into the lives of others. They are called . . .
Very true isn’t it. I guess you know it’s coming. The next question is, to which of the Tator's family do you belong?
Best for all of us is to belong to the group of people who would mean what they say and say what they mean. They make life simpler that way. No need to remember lies and no need to fool and deceive people. At peace with God and at peace with men. His actions and behavior is guided by a healthy fear of his Creator and his delight is to do things that will please his Maker.
The work place need people of integrity and in a difficult time like this, we simply do not have any choice.
God bless you.